In 1885, Bangor University received its royal charter and became an independent university in 2007. It is a university and one of the founding institutions of the federal University of Wales.
At Bangor, applicants will have many choices from the huge collection of the courses at the university. They will learn from the world-class teachers and researchers who will provide great work experience and placements for the deserving aspirants.
Fulbright Award at Bangor University, 2020-2021
Bangor University has partnered with the Fulbright Commission to offer one Fulbright Bangor University Award. The award is open to students from the US, and covers master’s degrees, or the first year of a doctoral degree programme offered by the university in Celtic Studies, Creative Writing, or Ocean Sciences.
- Eligible Countries: Only U.S. applicants.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can join a masters degree or a doctoral degree program in the area of Celtic Studies (The Celts MA, Arthurian Literature MA, Celtic Archaeology MA, English Literature MA, Literatures of Wales MA, Medieval Studies MA, Welsh History MA, and Welsh (Cymraeg) MA), Creative writing (Creative Writing MA), Ocean Sciences (Applied Marine Geoscience MSc, Marine Biology MSc, Marine Environmental Protection MSc, Marine Renewable Energy MSc, Physical Oceanography MSc, and Ocean Sciences MSc by Research) at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Must demonstrate your Ambassadorial skills, Intercultural sensitivity
- Genuine desire to learn more about the UK and to share aspects of American culture, Extracurricular activities, Community involvement, Leadership potential, and any plans to further the Fulbright mission and give back to the US upon returning.
How to Apply
- For participating in the activities of the university, you need to take admission in a postgraduate degree program at the university. But before you apply, please read the UK-specific information and follow the instruction for the IIE Fulbright US Participant
Shortlisted students will be invited to interview in February and get informed by their status by late April.
This golden study opportunity does not only provide the full tuition waiver but also gives a stipend of £13,200 for high achieving participants.
October 8, 2019