About University Of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales was founded in 1949, as an Australian public research university in Sydney. The university is ranked 4th in Australia and 45th in the world.
The university offers a world-class education giving you everything you need to build your bright future. It also provides financial helps for those students who needed it and help them in their studies.
UNSW is a research-intensive university ranked in the world’s top 50 universities (QS rankings 2019).
Fully Funded UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarships, 2020
The University of New South Wales is now accepting applications for the UNSW Scientia PhD Opportunity program in Australia.
The research fund is available for Australian candidates as well as for International students and it aims to restore vision to those blinded by photoreceptor dystrophies through this research project.
UNSW is known for innovative and pioneering research that has global impact.
As a Scientia Scholarship candidate you will join a vibrant research community and be supervised by leading experts in your field.
- The educational grant will provide facilities for high-quality research projects
- A stipend of $41,209 per year for 4 years
- Covers the tuition fees for the full four year candidature
- Up to $10K each year for the career building and to support international research collaboration.
Students can choose from the university’s list of courses.
- Eligible Countries: Australian applicants and candidates from another country can join.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They are eligible to take part in a PhD program for developing optimal stimulation for bionic eyes at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Successful applicants must have a basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology as well as basic programming skills are essential. Experience in animal research and/or bionic devices will be highly favourable.
- Candidates are suggested to enrol in a PhD degree program at the university. They will be automatically considered for the grant after the enrollment.
- Supporting Documents: Academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, a research proposal and details of references must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: The interested students must have an undergraduate degree either in Science or a degree in Biomedical Engineering.
- Language Requirement: Participants need to demonstrate their English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
July 12, 2019.