This article at WSH contains all you need to know about ISEP Scholarship which is currently ongoing.
Before we go on to straight into the details of the scholarship programme like how to apply, who can apply and a lot more, let’s first take a look at what ISEP really is to help you understand the goals and what the edu community is all about. Let’s ride on Scholars!!! Never miss real good opportunities.
You must be wondering what this acronym “ISEP” really mean, right? Don’t worry we got you covered.
The Full Meaning of ISEP: International Student Exchange Program.
ISEP founded in 1979 at Georgetown University, is a non-profit educational community dedicated to helping students overcome the financial and academic barriers to study abroad.
This student exchange program community became an independent non-profit organization in 1997 and are now one of the largest study abroad membership networks in the world.
In partnership with member institutions, ISEP have been able to connect students to high-quality, academic programs at more than 300 universities in over 50 countries.
ISEP regardless of academic major, socio-economic status and geographic location, believe no one should be held back from being able to study abroad. Since the organisation was found, they have sent over 56,000 students abroad. This is really an encouraging number.
About ISEP Scholarship
The International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) Community Scholarship supports scholars in such way that they help in extending access and affordability of study abroad or abroad studies.
Who Can Apply?
ISEP students from any member institution with demonstrated financial need qualify to apply for the ISEP Community Scholarship. You are encouraged to apply if you are a student who is statistically underrepresented in study abroad. You can apply if:
- You currently serve in your country’s military or you are a military veteran
- You have a disability
- You’re the first person in your family to attend college or university
- You are studying abroad to learn a second language
- You identify as LGBTQ
- You study science, technology, engineering, mathematics or education
- You’re an ethnic, racial or religious minority in your home country
How Much Is Awarded To Scholarship Recipients?
For 2019-20, ISEP will award scholarships of US$500 to ISEP students from member institutions.
How To Apply:
To apply you have to complete the application form by March 30, 2019.
Recipients are chosen by members of the ISEP community. ISEP Community Scholars are selected based on their responses to prompts for a financial statement of need and personal essay:
Tell us about your financial circumstances by responding to these questions:
- Are you receiving financial assistance from another source in the form of a grant, scholarship or loan from your home institution, government or other sources outside of your family?
- How are you funding your study abroad?
- What is the difference between your estimated costs and available funding to study abroad?
- Are you or have you been working to pay for your education and/or your study abroad?
Reflect on your personal story and how it relates to ISEP community values:
- Your focus on personal goals and drive to achieve them
- Your capacity to overcome hardships and communicate growth
- Your ability to connect within and outside of your own community
- Your resourcefulness and knack to succeed in unfamiliar situations
- Your purpose for pursuing an international experience
- Your commitment to considering other ideas and perspectives across different cultures, identities and points of view
Use your values-centered story as a framework to tell us why you should receive an ISEP Community Scholarship by addressing the following questions and providing specific examples:
- How did your academic, career or employment goals influence your decision to study in another country?
- What are your reasons for applying to study abroad with ISEP?
All scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on their responses to these prompts. Statements of need must be no more than 300 words; personal essays must be no more than 500 words. Both must be submitted in English.
You can click this link to apply
Application Deadline: You must have your application to study with ISEP submitted by February 15, 2019. Your ISEP Community Scholarship application is due by March 30, 2019.
ISEP Contact Detail: Get in touch with the ISEP Scholarship Team at scholarships [AT] isep.org.
Questions: Before starting an application, all applicants need to read ISEP Community Scholarship Application Guide.
About ISEP Students Scholarship Funds
The ISEP Student Scholarship fund was launched in November 2014 with the initial goal of raising $50,000 for student scholarships. They have already made a significant impact on the lives of future ISEP students.
The ISEP Community Scholarship and the ISEP Founders Fellowship support ISEP’s mission of access and affordability in study abroad. Awards to students are entirely supported by contributions from the ISEP Community. Each donation helps students from ISEP member institutions study abroad.
You can also check out The PhD Scholarship Opportunities In Nigeria