Taylor University Scholarship is a reputable scholarship offered by Taylor University to aid students coming into the university. Scholarships are financial aids that aren’t meant to be repaid. They are offered based on need, talent, academic strength etc.
About Taylor University
Taylor University was founded in 1846 as a Christian humanistic discipline college in Indiana with students, faculty, and staff dedicated to living life together during a discipleship community.
Taylor University currently stands because the oldest non-denominational school in Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). Each individual faculty and staff are dedicated to discipleship in classrooms and residence halls, on the turf, and around the world.
The dedication and excellence upheld at Taylor has led to many national recognitions.
- Taylor University places second among Indiana schools, including Notre Dame, Butler, and Purdue, and second nationally among CCCU schools, including Trinity, Westmont, and Calvin, for average incoming freshman SAT score.
- You find a wide variety of study and service abroad opportunities. Taylor University is ranked third nationally of baccalaureate schools for the quality of students who experienced a short-term trip.
- 98% of graduates are able to secure a full-time or part-time job, graduate school placement or post-graduate internship within six months after graduation.
The most popular majors at Taylor include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Education; Visual and Performing Arts; and Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services.
Taylor University Scholarship
Taylor University Scholarship is offered to students coming into Taylor University. There are various financial aids that come in form of scholarship at Taylor. These scholarships are also categorized to meet various needs and requirements; They are categorized into:
1.President, Dean, Faculty, and Trustee Scholarships
The scholarship amounts are for incoming freshmen 2021-2022
Scholarship Worth: $6,000-$16,000
Eligibility: It is awarded based on SAT, which is calculated from the combined Math and reading section. It can be renewed if the scholar maintain a cummulative GPA of 3.0
2. Academic Merit Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: $16,000
1.Must be a National Merit Finalist. This award replaces the President, Dean, Faculty, or Trustee Scholarship.
3.Class Merit Award
Scholarship Value: $4,000 – $8,000
1.Must be a current Taylor student.
2.Award given to sophomores through seniors who are not President, Dean, Faculty, Trustee, Director, or Transfer Scholarship recipients and have a 3.5+ cumulative GPA.
4. Transfer Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: up to $14,000
- Awarded to all transfer students who have taken at least one year of college credit after high school and have a college GPA of 3.0. For 3.0-3.74, $12,000 is awarded, and for 3.75-4.0, $14,000 is awarded.
2. This academic scholarship is awarded in lieu of other academic scholarships. Scholarship is renewable each year with a cumulative 3.0 Taylor GPA.
5.Academic Summer Program Scholarship
Scholarship Value: $1,000
- This one-time scholarship is awarded to students who enroll full-time at Taylor University who have attended an eligible summer camp, academy, or conference on Taylor’s campus during high school and prior to senior year, and completed the required scholarship process while on-campus during the camp or conference.
At Taylor University, scholarships are also awarded for participation in extra-curricular activities. These scholarships include;
- Art Scholarship
- Community Scholarship
- Athletic Scholarship
- Media Scholarship
- Journalism Scholarship
The diversity scholarship comes with the aim of meeting cultural diversity. The come in form of the following scholarships.
International Student’s Scholarship
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000
- Must be accepted to Taylor and demonstrate cultural diversity as described above; no additional application.
Cultural Diversity Scholarship
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
- Must be accepted to Taylor, demonstrate cultural diversity as indicated above, complete the application and complete scholarship interview.
3. Act Six Scholarship
Taylor University partners with Act Six to provide a high-quality education for emerging urban, leadership students from Chicago and Indianapolis who wish to impact their campus and enrich their urban communities.
Scholarship Value: $2,000 per year
- It is awarded to students who enroll full-time at Taylor University and have attended the Joshua Generation conference on Taylor University’s campus prior to senior year of high school.
These scholarships are available to Indiana students are range form $2000 – $10000. The scholarship requires a good academic standing and an right relationship with Christ as well as possession of a strong leadership quality. The available scholarships include;
- Alspaugh Hodson Family Scholarship
- Muselman’s Memorial Scholarship
- Reynold’s Memorial Scholarship
Taylor University Scholarships are also available in other ways. Other scholarships that could be acquired from Taylor’s University include:
- Austin .E Knowlton Foundation Endowed Scholarship
- Dollars for Scholars
- Endowed Scholarships
- Phi Theta Kappa/American Honors Scholarship
- Summit Ministries Scholarship
Taylor University Scholarship is hosted in Indiana by Taylor University
Although Taylor University scholarship is specially designed for Indiana students who take interest in their university, the college also offers scholarships to international students as well.
The tuition at Taylor circles around $35,000 with difference coming from the various faculties. Getting a scholarship in Taylor will ease the burden of paying the full tuition.
Taylor University Scholarship Value
Taylor University Scholarship is worth up to $19,750. These scholarships are being received by 62 percent of full-time undergraduates as some kind of need-based financial aid. Taylor university scholarship are offered based on some category
Other Financial Aid at Taylor University
Aside scholarships, there are other forms of financial aids available at Taylor’s just to make sure the students are not in any way financially handicapped when challenged with their studies.
These financial aids come in the form of:
- Federal Work Study Programs etc.
For application, more inquiries and FAQS on scholarships and funding/finance available to students home and abroad visit Taylor University Scholarship.