Today’s article covers one of the most prestigious scholarship any student would want to have- The Gates Scholarship. If you wish to study in the US and you’re limited by finance, then you should really consider giving the Gates Scholarship a shot. Who knows, you could be the one they’ve been looking for.
Without further ado, we’ll go into the general description of the Gates Scholarship, then the requirements, eligibilities, benefits and all you need to know about the scholarship. Just sit tight, we got you covered on what you need with regards to the Gates Scholarship. All you need so is to sit tight and follow the process.
The Gates Scholarship- Study in USA
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective scholarship. It is a last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households.
Every year, this scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping these students actualize their dreams to their maximum potential.
The Gates Scholarship aims to meet the financial demands of these scholars.
Therefore, the scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance. The will receive funding for those expenses not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Note that the cost of attendance include tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Who Can Apply
Before you apply for the Gates Scholarship, ensure that you meet the following requirements.
To apply, students must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be from at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
The ideal candidate for the Gates Scholarship will possess the following:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
What are you waiting for? Just give it a shot.
Duration of Scholarship
As stated earlier the Gates scholarship covers the full cost of attendance i.e. it provides funds for the entire duration of the course. Meet the requirements and make a nice application and voila!
Application Timeline and Deadline
JULY 15, 2021 – Application for The Gates Scholarship Opens
SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 – Application for the Gates Scholarship Closes
DECEMBER – JANUARY 2021 – Semi-finalist Phase
MARCH 2022 – Finalist Interviews
APRIL 2022 – Selection of Candidates
JULY – SEPTEMBER 2022 – Awards
Host: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Host Country: Study in USA
Scholarship Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
Eligible Countries: Africans | Americans | Indians
Reward: Full Scholarship
Open: July 15, 2021
Deadline: September 15, 2021
How to Apply
Having gone through the article, consider giving it a chance at actualizing your dreams and Apply Here.