Did you know that free Nursing schools without tuition fee assists nursing students all over the world to graduate with little or no student debt?
We have researched ten of these institutions without tuition around the world, so that you can study nursing without paying outrageous school fees.
Before we show you these schools, let’s show you some reasons why nursing is a great profession anyone can aspire for.
Why study Nursing?
Here are the reasons to study Nursing:
1. Great Career Outlook and employment opportunities
There have been reported cases of shortage of nurses, leading to an increase in the demand for registered nurses.
The Bureau of labor statistics predicted that before 2024, over 44,000 new nursing jobs will be made available to individuals. This predicted job growth rate is greater than the average growth rate of other occupations.
2. Acquire diverse healthcare skills
Nursing schools educate students on several aspects of healthcare and interpersonal skills.
During your study to become a nurse, you’ll learn some interpersonal, clinical and technical skills which you can apply in various health sectors.
3. Vast career opportunities
When most people hear about nursing, they have this vague perception which is often a product of improper information.
The nursing profession is vast with different opportunities and responsibilities to explore even outside the traditional healthcare space.
4. Become a Registered Nurse
There are different requirements to study nursing in different countries and also different processes to become a registered nurse.
However, before you can become a registered nurse, you may need to study some prerequisite nursing courses and you will also need to study nursing at the post secondary level. Registered Nurses are often expected to have completed either a bachelor’s degree or associate degree in nursing.
You are also expected to have received a license in you state of work.
5. Positive self image and fulfilment
One of the greatest feelings in the world is when you’re able to help people get better and care for them in their most difficult moments. Apart from being a trusted and respected profession, nursing is also rewarding and satisfying.
List of free Nursing Schools Without Tuition
- Faculty of Health and Sports Sciences – University of Agder.
- Department of Health Studies – University of Stavanger.
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Media Studies – Hochschule Bremen City University of Applied Sciences (HSB).
- Department of Nursing and Management – Hamburg University of Applied Sciences.
- Department of Health and Care Sciences – The Arctic University of Norway (UiT).
- Berea College.
- City College of San Francisco.
- College of the Ozarks.
- Alice Lloyd College.
- University of Oslo.
Top 10 free nursing schools without Tuition
Location: Kristiansand, Norway.
It is a popular policy that public schools in Norway do not pay tuition fees. This “no tuition fee” policy also applies at the University of Agder.
However, international students are mandated to pay semester fees of about NOK800, but exchange students are exempted.
Location: Stavanger, Norway.
Another free nursing school without tuition fee is the state University of Stavanger. Although tuition is free, students will have to cover semester fees, living fees and other additional fees.
The university tries to assist students with some of this cost by making scholarships like the Erasmus Mundus in Social Work with Families and Children available.
Location: Bremen, Germany.
Tuition fee is free for students of Nursing in the faculty of Social science at the Hochschule Bremen City University of Applied Sciences (HSB).
Nevertheless, students are expected to have a German bank account to transfer fees like; semester fees, rent, health insurance and additional bills. To cater for these fees, students may access grants and scholarships or engage in part time jobs.
Location: Hamburg, Germany.
At the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences students don’t pay tuition fees, but they pay a contribution of 360€ per semester.
The institution also makes scholarships available to international students to help them pay some fees and study without debt.
Location: Tromsø, Norway.
At the Arctic University of Norway (UiT), you’ll go through nursing school without having to pay for tuition fees.
However, all students are expected to pay semester fees of NOK 626 except exchange students.
Location: Berea, Kentucky, U.S.A
At Berea College, students receive quality and affordable education alongside other additional benefits at no cost.
No student at Berea College pays tuition fees. This is made possible by their No-Tuition promise which covers the tuition fees of all students.
Location: San Francisco, California, , U.S.A
City College of San Francisco partners with the County of San Francisco to offer residents free tuition education.
This free tuition program is called free city, and it is only awarded to residents.
Location: Missouri, USA.
College of the Ozarks popularly called C of O, is a Christian liberal-arts college that offers students free tuition education to enable them graduate without debt.
Every student in the college engages in a 15hour on-campus work every week. Credits acquired from the work program is combined with federal/state aid and the college’s cost of education scholarship to pay for students cost of education.
Location: Kentucky, USA
This college offers indigenous students within their service area a totally free tuition education for up to 10 semesters.
The school also provide financial assistance to its students through students work programs, endowed scholarships and other financial aids.
Location: Oslo Norway
At the University of Oslo, students are not charged tuition fee but they are expected to pay a semester fees of NOK 860 (USD $100).
Students will also be responsible for their accommodation, and other financial expenses during their stay in the school.
Tips to Succeed in Nursing School
- Organise yourself: Start by creating a to-do list for your activities including studies. Create a space that can help you stay focused while studying. Also try to organize all your reading materials so that you can easily find them when need be.
- Follow the nursing exam study guide: During study as a nurse, you will have to write a series of exams and tests. To ace them, you will need proper preparation. One way to do this is to follow the exam study guide.
- Study a little every day: Making study a habit is a great way to keep your mind prepared and learn new things. You can also form a study group with your friends to help you stay committed.
- Focus on the material covered in class: while it’s great to read widely, do not overlook what was taught in class. Try to properly understand the concepts and topics treated in class before seeking external information.
- Know your learning style: Many people that perform well academically understand their learning strengths and weaknesses. The knowledge of your learning style will help you choose the time, method and study pattern that works well for you.
- Ask questions: Never get scared of asking questions when you are confused. This helps you to gain new insights and better understand difficult topics. Reach out for help when you need it.
- Take care of yourself: This is one of the most important rules and it should have come first, but we saved it for last. Ensure you get enough sleep, engage in exercise, eat healthy food, practice stress management and take a break when needed.
FAQs about Free Nursing Schools Without Tuition
What is the highest paying nursing career?
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
This nursing career above has constantly ranked amongst the highest paying nursing careers because of the level of skill and experience needed in the job.
Nurse Anesthetists are highly skilled, experienced and advanced registered nurses who collaborate with other healthcare professionals during medical procedures where anesthesia is needed.
Is nursing school difficult?
Nursing is a very competitive, lucrative and delicate career.
Therefore, Nursing schools endeavour to produce the best nurses possible by training them through series of rigorous processes.
This prepares nurses for patient care and other healthcare jobs they’d take on after graduation from nursing school.
What is the best degree for nursing?
It is believed that a Bachelor’s of science degree in nursing is preferred by employers and graduate schools.
While that might be true, the nursing career path you wish to specialize in may also have a role in picking the best nursing degree for you. However, a BSN may offer you career opportunities immediately after graduation from school.
We also Recommend
- How To Get a Bachelor Degree in 12 Months
- 10 PA Schools with the Easiest Admission Requirements
- 50 Colleges with Full-Ride Scholarships
- 200 Free Medical books PDF for your studies
- 20 Tuition-Free Medical Schools.
We hope this article was helpful to you. Incase you want to explore more career opportunities, and gain more knowledge, read through our blog.