Holla!!! We are here again with a big one to support our scholars with the necessary information they need concerning Studying abroad in CSULA-California State University Los Angeles, especially as an International student. We are here to provide you with the basic information necessary to help you with your dream of gaining entrance into the California State University Los Angeles.
This piece contains Information such as the admission requirements (undergraduate and graduate etc), Tuition fees, University Financial Aids which may be in the form of grants, loans, scholarships etc.. Just follow the world scholars hub as we lead the way and run you through this piece.
Study Abroad CSULA – California State University, Los Angeles
Cal State LA offers and assists their students with study abroad programs so as to improve their learning experience. Cal State LA students who return home from their study abroad experiences are able to transfer their thoughts and experiences to solve common problems in everyday life, their communities and the world.
Study Abroad programs of CSULA helps the scholars of Cal State LA and students of other colleges to gain a better understanding of global affairs. Credit units gained during this programs also applies towards the scholars degree in Cal State LA..
Financial Aids are also available to these study abroad programs in Cal State LA. You can Learn more about these study abroad programs in Cal State LA. Let’s talk a bit about CSULA.
California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA) is a public university in Los Angeles, California. It is also part of the California State University (CSU) system. Cal State LA offers 129 bachelor’s degrees, 112 master’s degrees, and four doctoral degrees. Founded in 1947, Cal State LA is the premier comprehensive public university in the heart of Los Angeles.
Cal State LA has a student body of more than 24,000 students primarily from the greater Los Angeles area, 240,000 alumni, as well as about 1700 faculties. CSULA operates with the two semester system, each with 15 weeks each year. It has been ranked by U.S News as having one of the best undergraduate business program in the nation. The School of Nursing is also considered to be one of the best in the nation.
Location of CSULA: University Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States.
CSULA is very intentional about its academics and its standards. Academic programs will really prepare you to meet the challenges of today’s world and find your place in it to have an impact. We cover nearly every field, from business to the arts, education to engineering, and science to nursing.
CSULA ensures that the students works hand in hand with professors and other academic professionals in order that the scholars can easily master their courses and excel n their various disciplines.
At CSULA you can learn about our more than 100 undergraduate, graduate, pre-professional and certificate programs, as well as our Early Entrance Program and Study Abroad opportunities.
The Colleges in CSULA include:
- College of Arts and Letters;
- College of Business and Economics;
- Charter College of Education;
- College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology;
- Rongxiang Xu College of Health and Human Sciences;
- College of Natural and Social Sciences;
- College of Professional and Global Education;
- The Honors College;
- University Library.
ADMISSION IN CSULA
In CSULA you will be considered as a freshman applicant if you have completed and attained a high school diploma. Some other eligibilities are separated for international Students looking for admission into CSULA and can be viewed via the International Freshman Webpage
Cal State LA has a long history of commitment to access, the local community, and social upward mobility. Based on the CSU and campus policy, admission preference is offered to applicants who are considered local based on the location of their high school of graduation or military status. As a result International Students who are eligible may not be accepted into the college.
Freshmen applicants who are not considered ‘local’ will be ranked by the CSU Eligibility Index and offered admission based on space availability in the major or college. This makes admission into Cal State LA for non-local applicants highly competitive.
Non-Local Applicants according to Cal State LA are strongly recommended to have a back up plan
Application Deadline: Application for FALL 2019 begins on October 1, 2018
Acceptance Rate: About 68%
Note to online applicants: Applicants must apply during the CSU initial filing period (October 1 – November 30 Extended to December 15 for Fall 2019 admission).
Applicants must submit the following documents during the application:
- SAT or ACT test scores
- Official transcript or other documents only if requested
- A Self-reported information from the application: This application should include all your grades and test scores. they are to be reported accurately and completely as it is very necessary.
Undergraduate Tuition: $6,429.
Before considering a graduate program, you must first hold a bachelors degree.This is the first and foremost necessity. Cal State LA as well as other colleges considers this for those applying to take a graduate program.
Application is done online. Cal State LA deems it necessary that applicants visit the application deadline page to know the specific filing period of the program of your interest. The filing period determines the deadline as application after this period may likely not be accepted.
The next stage is the supplementary program application as graduate program has their own departmental review process, which may include a supplemental program application. The deadline follows the dead line of the normal application. Some graduate programs may require you to take an entrance exam. Applicants are therefore advises to properly review their program requirements.
After the application process, your official Academic records/Transcripts are to be submitted to the Admissions Office.
Application Deadline: Program starts 1 August for Spring and 1 October for Fall.
Graduate Tuition: $28,000.
As earlier stated preference is given to applicants who are considered local over foreign students. However eligibility criteria is given as follows for international students who are highly interested in pursuing a course in Cal State LA.
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in academic courses of the last 3 years of high school/secondary education.
- Your secondary education must be in an academic track, intended for college/university preparation and be deemed similar in preparation to what is required of U.S. graduates.
- You must graduate from high school/complete your secondary education by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
- If at least 3 year of your high school coursework was not taught in English, you will have to satisfy the English Language Proficiency requirement.
- If offered in your country, it is highly encouraged that you take the SAT or ACT by December, especially if you are applying to the Pre-Nursing program.
You’re regarded as a transfer student by Cal State LA if you have completed high school and have attempted college work but haven’t attained a bachelors degree. An International Transfer student is one that satisfies the former and requires an “F visa” to study at Cal State LA.
In order to be considered as a transfer student into Cal State LA, one must meet the minimum requirements below:
- Complete 60 transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester units or 45 quarter units in courses approved to meet CSU General Education (GE) requirements.
- Complete with a grade of ‘C-‘ or better by the end of the prior Spring term for Fall admission or by the end of the prior Summer term for Spring admission the CSU GE requirements in Written Communication, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking*, and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning.
- Have a minimum, overall college GPA of 2.00 or higher in all transferable college course work attempted.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended in a regular session.
- If your college coursework was not taught in English, you will have to satisfy the English Language Proficiency requirement. Learn More
To Qualify for the graduate program as an international scholar, one must meet the general college requirements as well as the professional, and specific program requirement of his/her choice. The general minimum requirement for taking a graduate course can be seen below:
- Completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university by the end of summer for Fall admission, or by the end of Fall for Spring admission;
- Good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 in an acceptable earned Bachelor’s degree (or a GPA of at least 2.5 (out of 4.0) in the last 60 semester (or 90 quarter) units attempted);
- Meet English Language Proficiency if the Bachelor’s degree was not earned at an accredited college/university where English is the only language of instruction.
Each program has its departmental review process as stated earlier. this process may likely include a supplemental program application. Students recommended for admission by the department must meet the minimum admission eligibility requirements to be offered admission to Cal State LA.
Provisional offers of admission made to applicants with a degree in progress, will be subject to verification of degree conferral based on official transcripts. Admission offers will be withdrawn if degree verification is not provided by the requested deadline.
Cal State LA is also available and ready to assist its scholars with financial aid available to its students from the federal state and institutional sources. They make this readily available for their students so as to facilitate learning without disturbance of financial debts.
To qualify for a Financial Aid in Cal State LA one must meet the following requirements:
- be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen;
- be registered with Selective Service (if required);
- be making satisfactory academic progress;
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular matriculated student in a degree objective or teaching credential program. Unclassified Post-Baccalaureate students are normally not eligible for financial aid. If you are a student, check with the Center for Student Financial Aid. Extension/continuing education students are ineligible for financial aid.
- not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan;
- have financial need (except for Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans and Plus Loans); and
- be a California resident for state financial aid programs (SUG, EOP, Cal Grant A and B).
Learn More About financial Aids, how to assess its application forms, and the types of financial aids available at Cal State LA. We all at World Scholars Hub wish you goodluck. See you at CSULA!!!